Take seat behind the controls of the iconic EMD SD40-2 and get to experience the feel of a true diesel-electric locomotive right from your computer. We reached out to JointedRail to bring over their fantastic line of products to Dovetail Games' Train Simulator series and the results are truly impressive! Our new locomotives deliver a very realistic running experience build upon true-to-life exper...
○EMD SD40-2 in Norfolk Southern, Maersk, Conrail, Conrail Quality and Conrail Patched liveries
○ Two standard scenarios for the Norfolk Southern Coal District route
○ Ex-Conrail specific details such as Flexicoil-C trucks, lower mounted ditchlights or the AC-unit over the cab
○ NS specific in-cab equipment such as a semi-working HOTD (Head Of Train Device) and upgraded speedometer
○ Fully openable doors/windows
○ Separately animated and controlled air-powered windshield wipers
○ External animations such as radiator cooling fans/dynamic braking fans and air-powered bell
○ High quality engine audio recorded at 96kHz from the actual prototype (EMD 16-645E3)
○ Leslie RS3L and Nathan P3 equipped
○ Dynamic (layered) audio for engine/horn and bell sounds
○ Dynamic EMD-style exhaust effects
○ Dynamic fading lights
○ Independent numberboards, walkway and step lighting
○ Key-activated shadow-casting for steplights
○ Quick Drive compatible
○ AIX equipped
○ Download size: 640.0MB
○ Virtual Throttle X to circumvent engine core RPM simulation
○ Entire new power output simulation to circumvent core ammeter output and tractive effort/dynamic braking calculation with built-in wheelslip prevention system and output regulator
○ Accurate series-parallel and inverse traction transition
○ Entire new engine temperature simulation in accordance with radiator cooling fan control system and optimal engine operation temperatures
○ Realistic dynamic brake blower and radiator fan animation that carries rotational inertia
○ Independent headlight and ditchlight control
○ Independent air-powered wiper setting with full speed control
○ Engine isolation simulation
○ Independent working classlight control where applicable
○ Interactive cab radio and HOTD (Head Of Train Device) where applicable
○ Smooth operating gauges to reflect the analog nature of each readout
○ Virtual Horn X to circumvent engine core horn simulation with built in horn suppression system
○ Mechanically operated air bell simulation
○ Shaft driven type WBO air compressor simulation
○ Random exhaust particle distribution simulation based on external factors such as ambient temperature, season, engine load and engine operating time
○ Engine start and shutdown simulation to circumvent core engine simulation
○ 1993 - In the heart of coal country
○ 2003 - N29 Night Shift
1993 - In the heart of coal country
You have just climbed aboard your southbound train of empty coal gons at Brownsville Yard.
Like most Conrail coal trains at this time, your power is a pair of rugged EMD SD40-2. You have a long haul ahead to get this train back to the mine for loading.
2003 - N29 Night Shift
It has been four years since Conrail was split apart, and Norfolk Southern took over its operations in the Monongahela Valley. Your assignment tonight is to bring train N29 over the Manor Branch to the transload at Alicia.
Your road power will not be enough to lift the train out of the mine, so you will have the Bailey Helper to assist. Unfortunately the helper crew is running late, so you have your work cut out for you.
The included scenarios were designed for players to operate at, or under the speed limits. Exceeding the speed limits will have an impact on the optimal experience and should be avoided if possible.
PRODUCT DELIVERY AND INSTALLATION
All products are delivered in a packaged, ready-to-install archive (.ZIP file extension). All products can be directly downloaded after purchase from your account. Download links are valid for thirty (30) days upon purchase.
In order to access the executable auto installer inside the archive, you will require a free or commercial copy of WinRAR or 7ZIP, available from the links below.
Inside the archive is an executable auto installer for the product. Run the installer and follow the basic instructions on it to install your product.
Product updates can only be downloaded from the respective downloads section of each product page on our website. Re-downloading a product from your account or order confirmation email will not provide you with the latest version of a product.
To install the latest update, simply move all contents within the archive (.ZIP file extension) and drag them into your main railworks directory: "YourDrive:/..../steamapps/common/railworks"
NOTE: YOUR RAILWORKS INSTALL LOCATION MAY DIFFER. MAKE SURE TO USE THE CORRECT LOCATION FOR YOUR INSTALL. ALLOW ANY EXISTING FILES OR FOLDERS TO BE OVERWRITTEN IF ASKED TO.
We take pride in our work and our products are meant to reflect that. Customer satisfaction is important to us however because we are providing digital goods, we generally can't issue refunds on our products. You assume the responsibility for your purchase.
Refund requests are handled on a case by case basis and are issued at our sole discretion. Refund requests must be made within seven (7) days upon purchase providing a eligible reason and order number or date of purchase/name.